St. John's Wort (Hypericum Perforatum Clusiaceae) is full-spectrum, standardized potency containing guaranteed levels of 0.3% hypericin (the same potency that produced such excellent results in clinical studies) as well as pseudohypericin, and hyperforin, another important active that benefits people with depression and works synergistically with hypericin.
Studies show that people taking St. John's Wort have fewer feelings of sadness and hopelessness and they sleep better, without the side effects common to antidepressant drugs.
St. John's Wort is antibacterial and antiviral and ointments made with St. John's Wort have been used for centuries to treat burns, bites and other wounds. The antiviral activity is being studied as a treatment for HIV infection, and experimental studies show that hypericin and pseudohypericin exhibit strong antiviral activity against herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 and influenza virus types A and B.
Other applications for St. John's Wort include treatment of sleep disorders, eating disorders, anxiety disorders, bed-wetting, PMS, chronic tension headaches.
Main selling features
- Provides 300 mg fullspectrum St. John’s Wort herb containing guaranteed levels of 0.3% hypericin, delivering 900 mcg hypericin – the same potency that produced such excellent results in clinical studies
- Contains important actives (pseudohypericin and hyperforin) that work synergistically with hypericin
- St. John’s Wort is one of the most thoroughly researched herbal antidepressants available
Uses and benefits
- Helps treat symptoms of sleep disorders
- Natural sedative for relief of restlessness or nervousness
- Helps relieve some PMS and menopausal symptoms