Cayenne or Capsicum spp (Capsicum frutescens and Capsicum annum) is a very useful stimulant, regulating blood flow and helpful to the cardiovascular system. Cayenne may reduce blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels and platelet aggregation.
Cayenne has traditionally "been used for colic, flatulent dyspepsia, laryngitis (as a gargle), insufficiency of peripheral circulation, and externally for neuralgia including rheumatic pains and unbroken chilblains (as a lotion/ointment)" neuralgia and rheumatic pains. When taken with meals, cayenne stimulates secretion of digestive juices thus aiding digestion.
In herbal combinations, cayenne works as a catalyst increasing the effectiveness of other herbs.
Main selling features
- 470 mg cayenne powder per capsule, providing a consistent potency of 42,000 SHU (Scoville Heat Units) indicating the amount of capsaicin present
- Stimulates healthy digestive function when taken with meals
- An important addition to the heart health category
- Capsule format makes it easy to take cayenne
Uses and benefits
- Stimulates peripheral circulation
- Enhances blood flow helping with cardiovascular health
- Stimulates digestion
- Reduces intestinal gas