Calcium is required for strong bones, teeth and cardiac function. Calcium citrate may be the preferred form of calcium for those with low stomach acid. Studies show that mineral citrates and malates have superior absorption, even when taken on an empty stomach. Each capsule has calcium and magnesium in a one-to-one ratio that many health care practitioners now recommend.
As well as protecting the body from stress, magnesium works with calcium to provide help to these same body systems and participates in more than 50 different biochemical reactions. The other minerals, including manganese, potassium and zinc, are also in the citrate form for better absorption and utilization by cells in the body, and all provide a valuable contribution to bone strength. Vitamin D is included because it acts as a hormone that allows the body to absorb and properly use calcium.
Main selling features
- Bioavailable formula
- Potassium, zinc, D3, and manganese for enhanced mineral absorption
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives or sweeteners
- Gluten, soy, yeast, and GMO free
Uses and benefits
- Promotes strong bones and teeth
- Protects against the effects of stress
- Aids in a restful sleep
- Highly bioavailable
- Supports healthy blood cells
|Each capsule contains:
|Elemental calcium (citrate)
|Elemental magnesium (citrate/oxide)
|Elemental potassium (citrate)
|Elemental zinc (citrate)
|Elemental manganese (citrate)
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
||2.5 mcg (100 IU)
Gelatin capsule (gelatin, purified water, titanium dioxide), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), microcrystalline cellulose.
Please Note: Proper calcium intake is very important during childhood. Calcium supplements are suitable for children at dosages up to the RDA:
- Infants - 0-0.5 year 400 mg, 0.5-1 year 600 mg
- Children - 1-3 years 800 mg, 4-6 years 800 mg, 7-10 years 800 mg
Magnesium is suitable for children at the level of the Recommended Dietary Allowance:
- Infants - 0-0.5 year 40 mg, 0.5-1 year 60 mg
- Children - 1-3 years 80 mg, 4-6 years 120 mg, 7-10 years 170 mg
Pregnancy and Nursing: It is especially important for pregnant and lactating women to receive enough calcium. Calcium supplementation is considered safe during pregnancy and lactation at dosages up to the RDA.
- Pregnancy 1,200 mg
- Lactating 1,200 mg
Seniors: No special precautions for calcium or magnesium are known.