Now Mung Beans - 454g
For Cooking or Sprouting
Excellent Source of Fiber and Protein
Naturally Nutritious & Wholesome
Mung Beans are one of the most popular sprouting products in use today. NOW Real Food™ Mung Beans are an excellent source of fiber and protein, making them a good meat substitute for vegetarians and vegans. Mung Beans have a mildly sweet flavor and are widely used in Asian cuisine.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup raw (50 g)
Servings Per Container: about 9
Amount per Serving % Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
Daily Value not established.
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5 g 1%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 10 mg 0%
Potassium 620 mg 18%
Total Carbohydrate 300 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 7 g 28%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 12 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
- Other Ingredients:
- Mung Beans [96% Germination, 1% Hard Seed] [99.97% Pure Seed, 0.03% Inert Matter, 0.00% Other Crop, 0.00% Weed Seeds]
- Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food™ has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. Were independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
- Vegetarian/Vegan Product.
Place two tablespoons of seeds in a sprouting jar with three times as much water as seeds. Soak overnight. Rinse seeds and drain twice daily, store in low humidity without direct sunlight. About the fourth day, place rinsed sprout jar in indirect sunlight to develop green chlorophyll leaves.
Note: We recommend adding 1/4 tsp. NOW Real Food™ Citric Acid Powder to each rinse cycle as a preservative against spoilage. Sprouting at temperatures above 80 F and humidity of 70% may be impossible.
- Please see this section on the FDA website for proper instructions on how to clean and handle sprouts:http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/BuyStoreServeSafeFood/ucm078789.htm#current